What have you done today?

what I eat,what I see,and whom I meet

Sunday, November 28, 2004

a day in Morioka


I went to Morioka for the day.Morioka is a capital city in Iwate county,which is situated in the north of Tohoku. First I visited The Iwate museum of Art too see 'The 38th Exhibition of the Selected Contemporary Works'. There are paintings,sculptures and prints of Japanese young artists,and they are all brilliant!The building of this museum is wonderful,too.Very much modern and beautiful architecture.After that,I looked round some of my favourite craftshops in the city centre and did some shopping.Morioka is famous for its local products,and it attracts me a lot! I got a jar of honey,some sweets andbiscuits.I enjoyed walking in the city,even though the weather was quite chilly sometimes. The above photo is one of my favourite shops in Morioka,called'Kohgen-sha'.It has wonderful hand made crafts andthere is a lovely cafe next to the shop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home